The Accountant will perform duties to assist with account analysis and reconciliation, preparation of journal entries, month-end close and financial reporting, This position is responsible for investigating account variances and following up with respective operational personnel to resolve discrepancies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Investment Accounting & Reporting – maintaining and updating various Excel spreadsheets, calculating and entering purchases, sales, dividends and interest. The process includes review of monthly investment statements for proper coding prior to posting to the general ledger.
• Accounting & Reporting for all Finance department processes including Bank Reconciliations, Fixed Assets, Leases, Government receivables as needed and assigned.
• Notes payable processing – maintaining and updating monthly notes payable reports and ensuring that principal and interest are properly
• Special projects as needed.
Education, Preparation, and Training
• Sitting for long periods of time
|Special Conditions for Eligibility|
Touro College and University System is committed to providing all persons equal opportunity in education and employment, and to ensuring a safe and non-discriminatory educational and work environment in compliance with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”), the New York State Education Law, and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the College to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment and in the administration of College programs, services, activities, and admissions on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting Detail Information
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Special Instructions to Applicant|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter