Dir of Accreditation
|Title||Dir of Accreditation|
|Department||Osteo Manipulative Medicine|
Directs and oversees the development, implementation, and administration of the College’s accreditation, assessment, and program review processes, in support of the TouroCOM’s core mission and education goals. Monitors and coordinates the College’s compliance efforts, ensuring that all compliance activities are effectively integrated and in support of the general accreditation objectives of the institution. Responsible for both the Harlem and Middletown campuses.
1. Monitor accreditation policies and procedures established by appropriate college accreditation agencies, currently 1) the American Osteopathic Association’s Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) and 2) Middle States accreditation
• Attend related workshops (national travel required).
• Carefully review proposed and approved changes to standards/criteria, and brief TouroCOM’s leadership of changes which may impact the institution.
• If necessary, work with appropriate members of the administration to address concerns identified.
• Conduct any necessary faculty/staff training regarding accreditation standards/criteria.
• Initiate, develop, and monitor data collection processes to address accreditation standards.
• Responsible to assist in the development of systems for an ongoing continuous assessment process for compliance with accreditation standards.2. Work in collaboration with administrators, faculty, and appropriate staff, to complete accreditation reports.
• Staff necessary “Self Study” committees and prepare supplemental documentation.
• Insure that reports are completed on time and with excellent quality.
• Oversee and respond to all surveys and requests for information.
• Maintain the institutional calendar of accreditation deadlines.
• Manage assigned budget, and prepare the institution for accreditation Site Visits.
• Other related duties, as assigned.
• Develops, implements, and oversees the administration of processes and systems that support the College’s curricula, to include outcomes assessment, curricula review, and delivery process review.
Work requires professional level of knowledge of a discipline which is acquired in a graduate or professional degree-level of study.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Travel N/A as needed from campus to campus and for conferences and seminars
Sitting for long periods of time
|Special Conditions for Eligibility|
Touro College and University System is committed to providing all persons equal opportunity in education and employment, and to ensuring a safe and non-discriminatory educational and work environment in compliance with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”), the New York State Education Law, and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the College to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment and in the administration of College programs, services, activities, and admissions on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
|Salary Detail||Commensurate with Experience|
Posting Detail Information
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Special Instructions to Applicant|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation